Summer in a glass! A perfect fruity cocktail for lazy summer evenings.
150g smashed strawberries (recipe below)
6 shakes of angostura bitters
200ml ginger beer
Fresh mint for garnish
1 x 400g punnet of strawberries, chopped
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
4 teaspoons of Very Lazy® Ginger paste
6 tablespoons bourbon
1. Place the strawberries in a mixing bowl and toss them with the sugar, fresh mint and Very Lazy® ginger paste. Let it sit at room temperature for about 10 minutes.
2. Add the bourbon and mash the strawberries with a potato masher. Let sit for another 10 minutes before using.
These strawberries can be used for 4 to 6 drinks. Keep them sealed in the fridge for a few days!
3. Add the strawberries to the bottom of a chilled glass and mash a bit with the bitters. Add ice on top of the berries.
4. Pour the bourbon over the ice and top it off with the ginger beer.
5. Garnish with fresh mint and serve!
Very Lazy products can be found in all the main supermarkets:
© Very Lazy 2017