These spooky treats are perfect for your Halloween party.
15 minutes, plus 1 hour rising
225g strong plain white bread flour
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon caster sugar
½ teaspoon fast- action dried yeast
1 teaspoon Very Lazy Garlic Paste
1 tablespoon olive oil
150ml warm water
1 egg, lightly beaten
25g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
32 blanched almonds
For the Dip
125g soft cream cheese
150g roasted red peppers, from a jar, drained
1 tablespoon tomato purée
½ teaspoon Very Lazy chopped chillies
1. Place the flour, salt, sugar, yeast and Very Lazy garlic paste in a large mixing bowl and make a well in the centre. Using a wooden spoon stir in the olive oil and enough of the water to form a dough.
2. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface and knead for 7- 10 minutes until smooth and elastic.
3. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for 1-1½ hours, or until doubled in size.
4. Preheat the oven to 190ºC, Gas Mark 5. Line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
5. Using your fist punch the dough to knock out the air bubbles. Knead on a lightly floured surface, then roll of the dough to a rectangle about 32 x 26 cm. Using a pizza wheel or sharp knife cut the dough in half horizontally, then into 2cm thick strips. Fold one strip of dough in half, so it is 1cm thick, then roll to make a thin finger about 12cm long. Repeat with remaining strips. Pinch the dough to form knuckles and mark with lines. Bend to make scraggy fingers. Place on the baking sheets and brush with the beaten egg. Sprinkle over the cheese.
6. Toss the almonds in a little paprika, then press into the end of the fingers. Bake for 12- 15 minutes.
7. Meanwhile make the dip, place the roasted peppers in a food processor and blend until smooth. Stir into the cream cheese, tomato purée and chillies.