Succulent beef with a spicy edge. Delicious served in a warm wrap.
For the spice blend:
1 tsp mild paprika
1 tsp mild chilli powder
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp Very Lazy Red Chillies
1 tbsp olive oil
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the fajitas:
2 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
2 red peppers, halved, deseeded and cut into thin strips
450g sirloin steak, cut into strips
2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
8 tortilla wraps
200g soured cream
1 tsp very lazy red chillies
1. In a bowl, mix together the spice blend, season well.
2. Heat a wok or a large frying pan.
3. Add the oil and fry the onions and peppers for 5 minutes, or until they are charred.
4. Add half the spice blend and fry for 2 minutes. Remove the vegetables from the pan and set aside.
5. Add the remaining spice blend to the beef, mix well to give a coating and then stir fry for 3 minutes.
6. Add the tomatoes and fry for 1 minute.
7. Return the vegetables to the pan and stir for 1 minute.
8. Heat the wraps for a few seconds in the microwave oven.
9. Fill the wraps with the beef and vegetables, rocket leaves and a spoonful of soured cream.
10. Spoon the remaining soured cream into dishes and top with a little more Very Lazy Chillies.
Very Lazy products can be found in all the main supermarkets:
© Very Lazy 2017