In this recipe the oven does all the hard work. Leaving you with super-succulent lamb shanks.
For the lamb:
4 lamb shanks
1 tbsp plain flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, cut into chunks
300ml dry white wine
400g can cherry tomatoes
2 tsp Very Lazy Chopped Garlic
For the potatoes:
450g baby potatoes, scraped
1 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
300ml lamb stock
1 tsp dried mint
fresh thyme sprigs
1 tsp cornflour
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the Lamb
1. Preheat the oven to 170 C / fan 150C / gas 3.
2. Trim the lamb shanks of any excess fat and toss in the flour.
3. Heat the oil in a large flameproof casserole dish and sear the lamb shanks, browning on all sides. Remove the shanks from the casserole dish.
4. Fry the onions in the casserole dish and cook for five minutes. Pour in the wine and allow it to reduce for a few minutes.
5. Add the cherry tomatoes, stock, Very Lazy Chopped Garlic, mint and half the thyme.
6. Season well and bring to simmering point. Return the lamb to the casserole dish. Transfer the casserole to the oven.
7. Cover and cook for 2 hours 30 minutes. Remove the casserole from the oven and stir in the remaining thyme.
8. Mix the corn flour with enough water to form a paste. Stir into the casserole and return to the oven uncovered for a further 30 minutes.
9. Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for 20 minutes or until soft.
10. Drain and crush with a fork, folding in the parsley and butter.
Serve the lamb with the juices and the crushed potatoes.
Very Lazy products can be found in all the main supermarkets:
© Very Lazy 2017